1. With the Lasso Tool (or key I)
the central part of the image freehand.
Try to achieve an irregular contour
You can equally use an Ellipse selection or the
predefined selection 'Star01.pfs'
2. Menu Selection / Invert (or Ctrl+I)
3. Menu Edit / Stroke and Fill (or Ctrl+B)
Deselect Stroke, select Fill and choose White as colour
4. Menu Filter / Flatten / Note Paper
5. Menu Selection / Invert (or Ctrl+I)
Cancels Invert mode
6.Menu Filter / Stylize / Drop Shadow
Offset X and Y, value 10, opacity 70%
(personalize to your taste)